During this holiday season, you may find yourself visiting and sharing with others. I know many of us are staying local and not traveling to see friends and family so in the off chance you are- arriving empty handed can feel a bit awkward. As a hostess, there is so much to do when preparing to gather- tack on grocery shopping and cleaning during a pandemic and you’ve got someone who deserves to be acknowledged for their generosity.
In honor of SBS (Small Business Saturday), I kept 10/11 of the items I am sharing from from small businesses. This year has been hard on everyone and supporting small helps our communities in unbelievable ways.
Did you know: when you shop the links I share, you too as helping my small business? Thank you to all who have helped me grow this years!
1. An engraved serving board is always a good idea when it comes to gifting. It’s the type of thing the host/hostess will use each and every time they serve. They’ll also be reminded of your thoughtfulness whenever they use it.
2. For the person who will be truly serving this season- a monogrammed apron is a MUST! This shoppe is special to me because the owner is local to me in Massachusetts. She has hand crafted beautiful gifts for me over the years and they are truly cherished! Jeca’s Creations can be found and shopped through Facebook.
3. This is the only item not from small business but it is so good- I couldn’t leave it out. I gifted this rolling pin to my sister last thanksgiving and she uses it all the time. I liked the idea of having level, even rolled dough when I bake.
4. This little sign caught my eye and felt it was perfect for the season we are in. Though some of us will be together this year- undoubtedly, seats will be empty around our tables. This sweet sign is a reminder that no matter how far apart we are- we are connect by heart.
5. These little candles are a repeat purchased for me. No only do they smell good, they have the wooden wick that provides a little ambiance when you burn.
6. Another repeat purchase for me! I LOVE these handmade Goat Milk soaps from Maine. The seller is quick to ship and they smell so good! I love the exfoliating coffee ground soaps- perfect for washing away dull, dry skin and reveals softer, more moisturized skin.
7. My favorite little reversible koozies are back in stock! I love the one I have from this shoppe and think it would be a great gift for anyone who enjoys a hot drink anytime of year. I love that it is reversible too- 2 is always better than one! (easy to clean too- garment bag in the washer/ dryer worked great for me! spot treat as needed- didn’t ruin my patterns at all)
8. I have more than one of these cold cups and it was my most purchased item in 2020. Personalized gifts are always a win. Great for anyone on the go or a homebody.
9. Jeca’s Creations also makes ornaments too!. One of my favorite family traditions was one my mom started for me a my siblings when we were little. Each year she gifts us an ornament that is symbolic of the past year. Each year when we decorate our trees, we get to see all the beautiful memories. The ornament I was gifted last year was a simple, pearlescent Christmas ball with “Just Add Pearls” on it- for the year this all began. It is such a beautiful piece.
Jeca’s Creations can also make ornaments with handwriting printed onto them. Last Christmas, my sister had Christmas balls made with my late grandfather’s handwriting on it for each of my mom’s siblings. It was a very sweet gesture and there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. If you are looking for a special gift this year- this is both sentimental and a treasure.
10. These sweet initial necklaces were a given as a gift this year and the recipient loved hers. I love the variety that this shoppe provides and working closely with the owner was a breeze. I ended up needing my item switched out and I had it back within a week. Beautiful gift packaging too!
11. Casey Circle is a New England based stationary company who specializes in these beautiful cards. This year- with being away from family, I sent more handwritten cards than I have in years past. Casey Circle has a design for all of life’s moments and they have an authentic nautical vibe throughout the collection. Gifting cards is a a gift that keeps on giving. I can tell you how many times I have had to run out last minute to get a card- having them shipped straight to my home is a game changer. This brand is American made and promotes a classic and timeless New England feel- all of my favorite things!
No matter who you have left on your list, shopping small is essential this year to support our communities. However big or small the purchase is, know you are truly helping make someone else year that much brighter- for both the shoppe owner and the person receiving your generous gift.
Happy Small Shopping!