Whether you have been here a while or just stopping by- I am so glad you are here! I thought it would be fun to reintroduce myself.
I was born and raised in Massachusetts and I just love it here. I live surrounded by my family and I feel blessed and privileged everyday to have this life.
I am a thirty something single gal and for some reason- that feels very rare to come across these days. I spent the end of my twenties unselfishly pursuing myself and am thankful I did- it’s what lead me “here”! In this new decade of life with so many amazing things ahead, I can’t wait to see where life takes me next. I’m thinking: a new location perhaps! Either way, I can’t wait to take you along with me.
I work in corporate for a fortune 500 company doing Quality Assurance. Do I like my job: most days, yes. Is it my lifelong career: No. Did I go to school for this: No. I studied Fashion Design and Retailing. Until further notice- I enjoy what I do, with the people I do it with and it pays the bills.
When it comes to fashion- I believe in finding the look for less. It isn’t often that I pay full price for something and it isn’t often that I shop at places that aren’t Gap Inc affiliated or Amazon. I like what I like and when possibly- I go for the classic, timeless option over trendy pieces.
I am Catholic and have grown closer in my faith in the past two years. I have always had faith but I didn’t always have a relationship with Him. Growing stronger in my faith has brought me so much strength, comfort and joy and gratitude.
Although you won’t find me dispensing advice on newborns or marriage- I love playing an active roll in the lives of my nieces and nephew. I love being their Auntie and it’s the best of both worlds- all the hugs, kisses, snuggles and spoiling but I get to sleep in late whenever I want.
Does anyone else cringe when asked “what are you into?” My hobbies have changed as my identity changed over time. In my life I have danced and acted-neither of which I do now. Hobbies as an adult look a lot like a short list of things you do when you aren’t sleeping or working. I enjoy writing, reading, listening to my favorite songs on repeat, going to concerts, day trips around New England, taking a long walks (location could be in the woods, beach or isle of Target) and enjoying good food and drinks with good company.
10 Random Questions:
1. What Would You Rather Throw Away: Love Or Money? Money
2. What’s The Most Beautiful Place You’ve Ever Seen? That’s tough but I’ll say any view overlooking the water
3. What Was Your Fondest Memory Of High School? My senior year after finishing my last school play. I loved the cast I got to work with.
4. What’s Your Favorite TV Show? This is a tie between the Mindy Project and Younger
5. What’s The Strangest Thing In Your Refrigerator? 4 different types of coffee creamer.
6. Would You Rather Hear The Music Of Johann Sebastian Bach Played By A Barbershop Quartet, Or A Heavy Metal Band? The first one- I don’t care for heavy metal.
7. What Was Your Favorite Toy Growing Up? Barbie!
8. When Do You Feel The Most In Control? When I have a plan and I stick to it. As soon as I go off track it takes me a while to get back on it.
9. Would You Rather Have 10 Hobbies Or One Passion? 1 Passion. This is my current situation- This site is my passion project.
10. What’s Your Favorite Movie? I can’t just pick one: Serendipity, The Cutting Edge and Hitch.
Hopefully this has helped you learn something new about me. To see more of my day to day life, be sure to check out my Instagram page @just.add.pearls
Until next week,